Medium intensity obstruction light beacon
Medium-lntensity Light Beacon of SAPREM has been designed to warn the air traffic the presence of obstacles.
SAPREM’s Medium lntensity Obstruction Light Beacon uses LED technology and it can be configured to comply with regulations of the lnternational Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Luminous intensity (Type A, B, Cmr;:, AB, AC)
- Flashing Frequency: 20, 30, 40, 60 fpm/li>
- Beam pattern
- Twilight sensor
The Light Beacon has a twilight sensor to control the switch on and off, which optimizes the life of the system. Additionally, it uses GPS to synchronize operation using UTC time.
The SAPREM beacon allows networking via RF (868 MHz ) or communication integration via Ethernet. lt is also possible to change its settings and parameters remotely via GSM communication.
SAPREM’s Medium-lntensity Light Beacon works connected to power supplied of 220Vac, but the low power consumption makes it can work with a Stand-Alone System (Solar Module}.
SAPREM supplies ali the elements needed for installation, like solar panels and hardware support. The design of these elements will be suitably dimensioned according to the type and place of installation.
- Specific optical design
- Based on high efficiency LED technology
- Very low power consumption
- Configurable ICAO mode (A, B, C, AB, AC)
- Light weight
- Small and compact
- Maintenance free during lifetime
- High environmental resistance (C5M-H, ISO 9223)
- Alarm system (Dry contact)
- Remole control
- Configured by users (RS232 or switches)
- Optional solar stand-alone system
- Automatic synchronization (GPS module)
- Remole control (GSM module- synchronization is included). Changing configuration (type, flashing rate, ), checking status (alarm reports), and location through mobile data communication
- Local beacon lights network, RF 868 communication module (GSM module synchronization is included). Network node to control all the beacon lights in an installation through a master node
- Ethernet communication (Ethernet module). Difieren! options, included integration to client SCADA
- Local configuration by users:
- RS232 communication – SAPREM Software (necessary cable supplied)
- Additional interface with switches
- Alarm system (dry contact). Normally opened (n.o.) and normally closed (n.c.).
- Optional solar stand-alone system
- ICAO – lnternational Standards and recommended practices – Aerodromes Annex 14 Chapter 6
- EMC (Emission): IEC 61000-6-4
- EMC (lmmunity): IEC 61000-6-2
- Horizontal beam pattern: 360°
- Effective intensity: According Table 6-3; ICAO Annex 14 Chapter 6
- Flash rates: 20, 30, 40 and 60
- Color aviation red
- Color aviation white
- Vertical beam pattern: 3º mínimum
- Operating voltage range: 230 Vac (±10%); 50-60 Hz (±6%); (48 Vdc optional)
- Power consumption 40 fpm (Type AB):
- Day mode 26 W
- Nigh mode 15 W
- Over voltage protection: Class 111 according to IEC 61643-1
- Anti-vibration system
- Weight: 18 kg
- Degree of protection IP67
- Operating temperature range; -40ºC / + 55ºC
- Corrosion protection C5M-H (ISO 9223)
- Storage temperature range -40°C / + 70°C
- Height 233 mm; diameter 464 mm
- Optional cable supplied
Example: 9BLMI – PGP -PCXX
Medium intensity beacon light supplied with external power supply (230 Vac), synchronized with GPS and configurable through switches interface. Also it provides alarm (normally closed and common) and cable is not supplied.
|Light intensity||depend on||environment lighting|
|Colour||Light pattern||≥500 CD/m2|
|White||Flash (20-60 fpm)||20000±25%||20000±25%||2000±25%|
|Red||Flash (20-60 fpm)||N/A||N/A||2000±25%|
|Flash (20-60 fpm)||B= 20000±25%|
|Day = Flash|
Night = Fixed
Table 1 – ICAO -International Standards and recommended practices – Aerodromes Annex 14 Chapter 6